Tuesday, July 10, 2007

This is my Father's world. And to my listening ears


All nature sings, and round me rings, the music of the sphers.



This is my Father's world : I rest me in the thought



Of rocks and trees, of skies and seas- His hand the wonderous wrought.








This is my Father's world, the birds their carols raise,



The morning light, the lily white, declare their Maker's praise.



This is my Father's world : He shines in all that fair;



In the rustling grass I hear him pass, he speaks to me everywhere.







This is my Father's world, O let me ne'er forget




That though the wrong seems oft so strong, God is the Ruler yet.




This is my Father's world: The battle is not done;




Jesus who died shall be satisfied, And earth and heaven be one.




have you comforted yourself with such thoughts lately ?

No comments:

Post a Comment