Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Finished Stars......

Update * Here is a link to The Curtis Family regarding the Holocaust stars.. They made it on the news here.
Today the kiddo's finished up their Project Star for the Holocaust memorial that Blog Me Til Midnight is making in their front yard. We are very proud to be a part of this... Taking the extra time out to study about this subject has really humbled our spirits and has deeply touched our hearts. Tonight we will be watching some documentaries on the Holocaust as well.


Here is Mr. V's finished Star. He did a landscape piece which represents the street of trees in Jerusalem.



Here is Miss Bri's finished star. She painted a little girl next to a flower. This picture represents life.

This project will forever be in our memory. We are grateful to have been a part of it.

7 comments:

  1. Hi!

    Where are you?! I've been emailing... glad you're feeling better.

    You HAVE to watch "The Hiding Place" if you haven't yet. (Best to have them read the book first, but the movie is very well done too.)

    I've started recording my music this past week. Anxious for you to hear it... :)

    Love ya,
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice stars guys. I am so proud of you for doing this.

    I see something in your picture that is familiar and that is a little card sent by "Jews For Jesus". I have been receiving their news letter for a couple of years now.

    Have a fun weekend
    Love
    Mamma Cickki

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you do something, you certainly do it right! and with style! Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, by the way... I haven't seen you visit my new site yet, but I did want to make sure you saw this post:

    http://parentingfreedom.com/2008/02/13/a-glimpse-inside-my-kitchen-cupboard/

    And this is a new piece my friend bought me:

    http://parentingfreedom.com/2008/03/31/gift-from-germany/

    Of course I think of you when I mention my dollhouse!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great stars - your entire family is so talented! It is so nice that y'all are participating in Project Stars - such a good way to remember all those lost in the Holocaust.

    Revee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my site. *hugs* Make sure you register so you can see our famiy pictures. :-)

    ReplyDelete