Friday, August 8, 2008

A Special Elephant Pin Keep !!!


Hello !!! Yet again it has been a while since I have participated in Kelli's Show & Tell Friday !!! Summer keeps one busy outside.

My little girls 8th birthday was yesterday in which I had made her a special elephant pin keep. I found the pattern through Indygo Junction.

I just knew she would love it since she loves elephants and sewing !!!



I chose cotton candy colors for her sweet Ellie with coordinating colors for the yo yo saddle.


She is quite a handy Lil' Ellie who holds little sewing scissors, pins, safety pins, buttons etc...


Did you notice the little tail is made of a string of old bone buttons? And her hat is a thimble which I added to the design, she also has the perfect ears for holding sewing needles !!!


Was my little girl thrilled with her special gift? Her picture here speaks a thousand words !!!

For the love of elephants, my daughter has a special blog she started a while ago to share these wonderful God given gentle giants as well as her collections etc... Please stop by to see her little place !!!
Thank you for stopping by this week !!! Have a great weekend !!


Bri's Elephant Dreams Blog

15 comments:

  1. That is so darned cute!!! You did a good job. And I love how you photographed all angles for us to view. Cute, cute, cute. May I also add a "happy birthday a day late" for your daughter [she has a beautiful smile!]


    Stop by my antique show n tell if you can. [you'll need to scroll down a bit since I added the Tropical Storm update of the damage done in Houston where my son lives on the top of my blog this morning! ---]

    Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sooooooo cute. Great idea. I know she's thrilled with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable pinkeep!! I love the colors you used as well.

    Happy Birthday from my girls to B!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is about the cutest thing I have even seen! Great choice of colors! I'm heading over to check on the pattern. I want one of those!

    Blessings

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! It's been a while for me too! A busy summer has been my excuess as well. Tell your little girl HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    Bean was thrilled with the get well card and hair bands that you sent her. It made her feel really special. :) Thank you for your sweetness (((hugs)))

    The elephant is darling! Where did you get the pattern? I would like to try making that also. I especially love the thimble hat! You are so clever. :)

    I'll be checking out your daughter's blog. I think it will be fun once Sweetie can blog too. :) Have a beautiful day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, what a precious gift! The little tail is wonderful. I can see that your daughter fell in love with her sweet little elephant. I LOVE what you did with the elephant! You need to make more to sell!
    Lovely post...
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my favorite, wow, what a great idea. My grand daughter is coming in October for her birthday and you have just given me a great plan thanks.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! That is so special-she can treasure that she can use-double special!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that is just so cute, I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How totally cute!! And what fun way to combine her loves!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH! I just absolutely LOVE that!!! I adore elephants and collect them, but I think this one is just perfect. Thank you so much for visiting my blog because otherwise I wouldn't know about yours.

    Happy birthday to your sweet daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute!!!!Your so crafty wafty :)
    Loves ya Shawny

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so cute and I love the yo-yos you have on it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet pinkeep. It's wonderful that your daughter loves to sew.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, that is the sweetest thing! I love the yo-yo saddle too! Happy Birthday to your daughter!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete