Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A Berry Sweet Case....


Welcome to another installment of Rednesday fun!
Hosted by 

I threw this post together short notice since I have been at the hospital since
Monday with my Hubby, Mr. Darling. Monday morning he awoke in writhing pain...yet we thought it was a possible tummy bug. The day went on and he worsened with dizziness, almost passing out with a fever and severe pain in his abdomen. Low and behold it was appendicitis which he then needed surgery. All went well with the surgery. He will be home later today. It has kind of been a terrible couple weeks with our friend Ben who was seriously injured in Afghanistan, the tragic passing of our dear sister in Christ and now this. Please keep prayers for Ben...whom is stable and in Washington DC now awaiting more surgeries, Our friends family for their healing hearts and my dearest better half and is continual healing. 
Thank you!!!


Now for my Rednesday share... 
This SWEET Case I purchased several years ago from Etsy.


A vintage suitcase embellished with papers, red
ribbons, rick rack, buttons, flowers and words on the outside.

As well as fun embellishments inside....
Baskets, pom pom fringe a vintage strawberry metal tray
magnet board and more on the inside perfect for crafty things. 
Certainly a useful case made from an unwanted suitcase. 
It reminds me of the ugly duckling who turned into a swan.

I just fell head over heels with all the sweet goodness and redness... 
and thought ...How cleaver it was!
I hope this inspires you to create!
Well I am off to sleep... 
I have been up over 30 something hours...and need a few winks!
Happy Rednesday!

17 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about all of you sad news. I'll be praying for Ben's recovery!

    God bless you!

    : )

    Julie M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww.. your poor hubby! I'll send up a prayer for a speedy recovery this am!
    Love the case. I loved it when you bought it and it inspired my daughter and I to make a few of them. And... I just bought a large case that Im going to cover also, but its bigger and I havent decided quite how to do it yet.
    hope you got some rest!
    hugs
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I adore that suitcase!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doesn't blogging help keep you sane in crazy times?You all have my prayers:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it..thanks for sharing....blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness - you have been through a lot. Prayers are going out for you and yours right now.

    I love your suitcase. Do you remember what shop you bought it from? I see old luggage at our local thrift store all the time - - - - I'm feeling inspired!

    Again, hope dear hubby gets better FAST!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mica,
    That case is too cute for words. Very creative. Thoughts and Prayers for your Hubby and friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mica, I will certainly add you and your husband to my prayers. I'm sorry to hear of your week. I have been praying for Ben and his family.

    Your suitcase is darling! What a clever idea. I love it.:)

    I hope you can get some much needed rest.
    Blessings,
    Ann
    @
    The Tattered Tassel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute idea..I see these all the time at Goodwill..hmmm!!

    Sorry for your husbands sickness..I'll be praying for you.Ben was already on our prayer list. Good to know he's back in the states.

    Have a better day.
    Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a darling dolled-up suitcase. She sure packed a lot of cute stuff in there and on there! Happy Reds~

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll keep your loved ones in my thoughts. I adore that suitcase! Where can I find one like it? Guess I'll do a search on Etsy. I'm over there often enough.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute idea. I'll be praying for Ben and all our military men and women as well for our Veterans. So glad your Hubby is ok.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have had a very rough week! I will keep you, your husband and Ben in my prayers!

    Your suitcase is adorable!

    Love,
    Susan and Bentley
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad Mr. Darling is better! What a relief for you. So good to hear that Ben is state-side. Have they woken him up yet?

    That suitcase is fab! I've never seen anything like it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, I'm so sorry to hear about all the sad events in your life right now. Thank you for taking the time to blog through it all. Sometimes it helps to put our minds on more pleasant things.

    If you are able to, my first Rednesday is at this link:
    http://joyofdesserts.blogspot.com/2010/03/desserts-black-forest-cake-honors.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh I WANT one, sooooo sweet xoxox Clarice

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love what you did with the suitcase , very creative!I am glad your husband is recovering . I will keep you , your family & friend in my prayers.
    Blessings,
    ~Myrna

    ReplyDelete