Monday, November 22, 2010

Bubble Gum Alley



We got back from our little vacation.... It was interesting to say the least. We got side swiped by a car which took our mirror off and broke the mirror to pieces....there was no mirror to be found. Freckles and I were in the car waiting for Mr. Darling & Maestro to come out from the Book Shop and bam we were hit and the guy kept going...that was the the worst part. Other than that we had a great time together roaming around and swimming every night. Mr. Darling preached a wonderful sermon on Sunday out of Mark. Then we left on Monday and stopped off in San Luis Obispo for a little stroll and to see the historic Bubble Gum Alley. Then a short stop in Solvang... a little Danish town which I will share in my next post...



Now back to Bubble Gum Alley.... Mr. Darling was not so keen on seeing it since he thought it was ultimately gross...It is gross but a must see tourist attraction! Maestro and I left our pieces of gum on the wall but Freckles wanted nothing to do with putting her gum on it....



It was quit the art piece I must say....
This gum wall was started back either after World War II or in the 50's...
The City is not clear on the actual date of the beginning.
Several cleanings have been done in the 70's...
 but was not passed to be cleaned in the 90's...
looks like it is an attraction that the local shops will have to deal with.
 
 

Here is my little family with smiles...
Even though I know Mr. Darling is cringing inside!



Yet, Maestro and I are always up for something quirky....

 
 
The last photo is a collage of photos I took of different gum hearts I found throughout the walls.... Thanks for popping over...I know this was a strange post... We all got through it without getting sticky!

3 comments:

  1. Gross but fascinating to say the least! Todd just said, what is that, and cringed when I told him! lol Happy Thanksgiving!xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gross but really cool!! I am soo glad you are alright. God is watching His child xoox CLarice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me at that person that side swipped my girls!!!

    Glad you weren't hurt.

    The bubble gum wall is interesting and VERY unique. I love that you put Jesus on there. Looks like you had fun and well deserved for sure.

    Happy Birthday to Mr Darling, my baby boy.
    Love you

    ReplyDelete