Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A happy birthday in a Little Danish Town



This weekend we also celebrated Mr. Darlings birthday...His actual birthday is today! Happy birthday my dear love. We went to a small little Danish ton called Solvang in central California. the little town was built 100 years ago. They will be celebrating their centennial this 2011. We walked around and went into a few shops before heading home.

 

It was quaint...the streets filled with shops of all sorts, from little bakeries to Scandinavian Shops, museums, restaurants, pubs, specialty shops and parks...You got the sense of being in Denmark with windmills and old building built like the old stone buildings and cottages of it's Country.


We had a few laughs, but were rushed a bit since it was freezing outside...We were not dressed properly with coats. here is my little family....Aren't they funny characters?



My favorite sort of shops are those who sell authentic Scandinavian type products such as clothing and dolls.... My favorite was walking through The Jule Hus...Christmas All Year Round...

  
Handmade Christmas ornaments, linens and such adorned the shop... Christmas trees filled the floors with ornaments and lights. i adored the simplest little wooden dolls and trinkets. It was quite sweet. The shop keepers were also dressed in authentic Scandinavian dresses. I love that! 




 

 
It was short & sweet yet, it was time to head home.... We strolled through The Hans Christian Anderson park before driving off. if I ever go again I would like to see the Hans Christian Anderson museum.
 

Well, that was our little trip. I hope you enjoyed. don't forget to check out the post below...We walked through the stickiest eewy alley you will ever see. Happy Birthday my beloved Mr. Darling! We are off to celebrate Italian style with home made lasagna a green salad with rolls and New York cherry Cheesecake...my darlings favorite birthday meal!

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday Mr. Darling. Oh I love Solvang. Although I have not been there in 25 years. I use to go as a child a lot. Such a sweet town xoxo Clarice

    ReplyDelete