Friday, December 3, 2010

Christmas Glimpses...



This week I spent Christmas decorating our house. I have sorted and even eliminated some of my decor that we have carried around for the last 17 years. it actually felt pretty good to get rid of stuff that didn't hold any fantastical memories. I love Christmas time. I feel like a little kid going through all my Christmas goodies. It's like Christmas in itself! My son put up the tree lights and even put the lights up outside.... As well as tugging in and out the boxes from the garage. he has been a great huge help since Mr. Darling is drowning in his papers and up coming finals for the semester. We had spent the weekend with my SIL last week and my son helped her set up all her entertainment center, stereo, dvd player etc. He was truly her hero for the weekend!



After he put up the lights, Freckles and I got to work on putting the decorations up. We mainly stuck to putting up the older vintage ornaments, homemade ones my kids made, wooden colorful ones, German & American glass ornaments and other old ornaments I saved from thrift shops... I actually have a whole bin of ornaments that I am not using this year... I just didn't realize how much we had collected over the years. It is enough to fill two trees. I am really in the mood for Christmas this year. It is feeling quite cozy as we have been able to finally light fires at night and wear layers! Hallelujah!!! I got the fabric for our Christmas Jammie's and preparing to make some of my gifts for my kids and some family members this year. We are also going to Gramma's house next week to bake Christmas goodies!


My Sil , the kids and I were also able to visit with our Nanno ( Mr. Darlings Pop)... last week. The kids haven't seen him for a year and a half! It was a good visit...I even snapped a shot of the Grand kids with Nanno & Grandma Alice since we won't be spending the Holidays together.
 Thank God for pictures and memories huh?
This month will be filled with Christmas posts,
 my Christmas decorations, traditions, crafts and such...
 I hope you are having fun decorating your homes!
 keep the pictures coming out there.
 I love to see all the wonderful Christmas cheer in Blogland!
 Have a happy day!

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it fun getting everything up and decorated? I LOVE that red/white gingham fabric wreath! I wish my hands could take it, but I just couldn't push all of those squares into a wreath! Your home is looking very festive! And how lucky you are to have that great photo!!!! :0 Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am feeling extra Christmasey this year:-) Look forward to your posts Mica!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your tree Mica...everything looks wonderful...blessings on your weekend...Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy December, you home looks so festive. I especially love the gingham wreath, charming xoxox Clarice

    ReplyDelete