Saturday, January 8, 2011

I LOVE The littlest Things....

 

I've been so good! Really I haven't stepped foot in a Thrift Shop for weeks! As much as I love to Thrift I had to back down. I thought heck.... I can window shop right??? Well that all depends what if I found something I really loved....I only reallly love the little things. I walked in thinkin' I'm just looking!!! But, I can't just look cause something always jumps into my hands. I found a vintage flowery sheet that will be used in a project... and heck it's 75% off all linens so I got it for a dollar!!!

 

Then I walked innocently through the isles and it jumped at me and fell...yes fell into my hands...This sweet delicate glass jar with happy colors with flowers and birds and hearts oh my! It was only $2.00...I just couldn't put it down...it made me happy... and just look at it...C'mon! It is so me right?

 

It reminds me of this sweet crewel embroidery I found not too long ago that has the same sort of design on it...( I will share that with you later ) Maybe a Dutch print? Anyhoo...I never did put the jar down..I walked out of there only spending a few dollars. That makes Mr. Darling happy too!

 

What will I do with it...Oh you can bet it will be used for a pretty bouquet and perhaps some candies or trinkets as time passes. Can you walk away from the littlest thing that makes your heart jump with giddy? I guess it all depends on the price....Hope you have a lovely weekend dears...I am off to get the rooms ready for my MIL and SIL & Nephew visiting us!!!
Hugs XOXOXO

4 comments:

  1. :) I understand completely!
    Love your sweet little colorful treasure...blessings on your Lord's day....Shelley
    Enjoy your families visit...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Mica...Genie here.Yes, I am finally back to my blogging. Love you treasure and your post. Hope all is well with you and the family. Happy New Year to you. Hugs, Genie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does look like something you would love, the colors. Reminds me of a 'beautiful stained glass window too.' Such a pretty design. I still need to find Antique shops here. Blessings and Love to you this week!! Nene

    ReplyDelete