Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Knock....Knock.....Hoo's There?.....


It's Springtime!!!!..Well technically almost...But it's March!
 Our cherry blossoms are adorning the trees as well as my apricot blossoms...can't wait to harvest them this Summer. I gave so much jam and apricots away, I left us enough to last through Fall and Winter, now just about plum out of it! Today I spent a lovely day sewing while the kids worked on their lessons. I pulled together some Spring colored fabrics to fit the mood.
I also got the owl fabric Freckles and I chose from Quilters Coop. So, can you guess who I was sewing for? My little girl of course!!! I started out cutting scrap pieces and sewing them in a scrappy log cabin form. then I machine chat quilted each little section. 
The piece ended up pretty large. I decided that is was cute
 enough to make into something useful for Freckles
 to put her owl things in when we go out and about. 
So, I designed this darling handbag. Isn't it the cutest thing?
 I used a vintage handbag I got thrifting a while bag as a
template of sorts then made up the rest. I then tied ripped scrap fabric to
the clear plastic handles and voila! A charming bag to tote whatever
 her heart desires...Oh and there's a pocket inside too!
She loves it!
Hope you all are having a good week....It's half way through till the weekend...
My sister is coming down the hill for a visit! I am also planning some upcoming fundraisers for my son...Word is that he was accepted as a part of  the mission team going out to the Czech Republic this Summer for three weeks spreading the gospel and working with teens and young adults...I am so proud of him!!! He was also invited once again to go up to the Sierra's like he did last Summer! How exciting! I wish he can hide me in his bags when he goes! Have a great remainder of the week friends!!!!

5 comments:

  1. that is the cutest thing I have seen in along time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mica!!! Of course she loved it... it's so cute, creative and Beautiful. I love how this turned out too. You really need to make more of these. I can see a 'French Toile' Fabric purse and other neat fabrics too... wow!! I like it and your idea on this. How exciting for Vince, what an incredible blessing for all of you and him to take part in. Enjoy your visit with your sister. Have a Wonderful Weekend too. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute! Your daughter and son are such a joy to read about. Spring here, too, now -- daffodils in bloom . . . the tulip magnolia, and to think we had snow 2 weeks ago.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh thanks! You guy's are the best. I appericiate the sweet love you leave...hugs,Mica

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want you to be my mommy and give me that owl purse! It is so perfect! I wubba owls!

    ReplyDelete