Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentines Day


I am a simple kind of girl I don't expect a lot when it comes to holidays. It is nice to be loved and remembered. But you don't have to show me with stuff. So, over the years we have celebrated Valentines Day simply. A card, chocolates or some good old fashioned flowers, sometimes even going out to eat. I don't care for big gifts or jewels to tell me I am loved. You can show me by visual actions. I'm not going to lie though. I do like gifts, to be pampered and to be fondly remembered. I certainly won't turn it down. And my dear Mr. Darling knows I don't expect anything as far as gifts for Valentines day goes. He came home the other night from a long day working at the church with a big heart shaped box of chocolates for me and a smaller heart shaped box of chocolates for Freckles, along with flowers for each of us.


It was a sweet gesture of love that was very much appreciated.
 He didn't have to do any more that that. It was purely the sweetest thing.


However, he does know I really love portrait canvases. He said to go ahead and order one as a Valentines gift. It was perfect...I got to pick out the photo I wanted and ordered it. And it arrived just in time. I decided I wanted to turn this quirky photo of my sweet Freckles. It was taken along with other photos for her 8th grade school pictures. She popped the apple up just to be silly...It was a great capture of her fun personality. I call it "The Apple Of My Eye".
It's really the little things that prick my heart and bring joy.
Happy Valentines Day to you too.

1 comment:

  1. I love that cute canvas photo of Freckles,and the sweet gifts Mr.Darling brought you girls was very nice. My own daddy went to town on Valentines day and brought me and my mama some sweet little things. I was at their house that day,and I cried like a baby,because it reminded me of being a little girl,and daddy bringing me,my mom and sister Valentine hearts every year. I know you are going through a very hard time right now Mica,with losing your dear grandmother. Just want you to know you are in my thoughts and prayers...God bless you my sweet friend

    ReplyDelete