Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Inspired~ DIY Anthropologie Mug


A year or so ago Anthropologie had some adorable, bright and cheery floral mugs...I put it off too long and never ended up buying one. As of now they don't sell them any longer. Freckles ran across a DIY on Pinterest for making your own. We thought it would be fun to make some. I am really happy with how it turned out. 
NOTE* Sharpie markers are used for this project and are NOT food safe. I would not reccomend you really drinking from them if you decide to color inside or on the rim where your mouth would touch the ink. However, if you decorate the mug body of the mug, it would be safe. Also NOTE* that dishwashing will probably wash away all your beautiful work. I suggest washing by hand with a soft cloth making sure your not scrubbing hard. I decided my mug will be used as a decorative pen holder.. Just to be on the safe side. It is quite cute though, you have to admit.


We bought plain white mugs from The Dollar Tree and used Permanent colored Sharpie markers. Once you finish drawing on your design...Let air dry for a couple hours then put in the oven at 400 degrees for 45 minutes. This should cure it. It was very simple and fun.




I'm thinking if I make it into a ceramic painting studio, I may do a mug like this with the proper paints and have it fired so I can actually drink from it. I love the colors and floral designs. Freckles made herself a charming mug too...She simply used a black Sharpie and drew some arrows with
 "Happy Day" written on it. Use the same procedure as stated above.
 Have fun + Be creative...Anything goes!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You gals did a great job on your mugs. Reminds me of the Victorian times, when ladies painted on their China. Blessings

    ReplyDelete