Tuesday, October 21, 2014

God Answers Prayer~Be Patient



If you have been a long time reader here, you would know the hard seasons we have gone through when it comes to friendships or encouraging people in our lives. It has been a long season of many years and prayers to God that He would bring good friendships our way. It has been years of feeling alone at times. Yes even though we have our little family unit, there is always a crave for friendship with others. I myself still struggle with finding that really good friendship with another woman...And knowing what that has been like made me pray even harder. "Lord please bring, Christian, like minded, fruitful friendships to my girl". The road has been rough with a lot of tears and a lot of hurt feelings by others who just are not so kind. It has been very unfortunate that she has not had a strong family female role model in her life. Yes, she has had me and thank God for that. We are very close and have a delightful relationship.

 But as far as an outside female role model who has sought her out to be an encourager to her, who looks for her to talk, or really takes the time to get to know her has not been there. That is one reason I have been so adamant in being in her life as a mom, a friend and a prayer warrior for both my children. I know her inside and out, I know what she loves, what she dislikes, what her favorite color is or her favorite food. I can tell when she is upset or sad or when she just needs an encouraging hug. I have known her desires to have just one girlfriend at least. Someone in her age group that she can just be a girl with. We have prayed and prayed and prayed and never did we give up. Even though our prayers may seem silly or small to others, they do mean something to God. He cares very much. But, as a Christian we need to trust God. Sometimes He doesn't answer prayers when we want them answered. It is in His good time.He knows what is best. And sometimes our prayers may not be what God thinks is best for us. So as time passed, we still prayed for just one friendship to blossom.


The last handful of years have been the hardest with our transition and change in my husband's career. We have moved a handful of times. We have met some nice people on the way. Then we would have to move again and leave those friendships behind and start all over again. Which is not easy. We keep in touch with only one special family back in So. Cal. But it is so hard because there is quite a distance between us. We moved here a little over a year ago thinking for sure we would meet people right away. Sad thing is the church we attended before my husband started our church plant didn't have much youth there. There were a couple potential girls only a couple years older than my girl, but they never seemed interested in wanting her friendship. She was pretty much ignored week after week. I felt like I promised something to her that didn't happen and it broke my heart. Well, to make a long story short. We started our church plant. Still no youth for my girl...So we decided to put her in the Academy for part time home schooling and joined a speech club. It has been a little over six weeks and I am so thrilled beyond words to share with you...God answers prayers, even the little ones that don't seem like they significant. God has answered our prayers with friendships for my girl.



Day one she felt like she actually fit in with the girls in her class and even some that are not even in her classes wanted to get to know her. She has been so happy. I have watched her bloom even more so, in just the last several weeks. She actually isn't as shy as we thought. There are girls even more shy than her. She chuckles about it now. She hangs out and exchanges giggles and hugs, she has been invited to a few engagements like swimming parties and movies and has had a sleepover.
 A couple weeks ago she came to me and said.. 
HER: "I'm not sure why they like me mom."
 ME: "uhhhh! Are you kidding??!!!"
 "Because they see you for who you are inside and out, you glow with special qualities and sweetness with lot's of love to give and so much to offer and they want to get to know you...
Because well, you are just so awesome"! 


God is good.
 He is always good. Even when we don't see it right away.
 He is always at work for us. We just need to trust Him.
We need to be patient. 

But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, do not despair, for these things will surely come to pass. Just be patient! They will not be overdue a single day! 
~ Habakkuk 2:3

2 comments:

  1. Amen to answered prayer!
    We are still praying for a good Christian friend for our son...I am happy that he is starting to open up and interact more with the other kids at a new youth group we have been taking him to, that's a start.
    Good is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for freckles, now just wait......God has a kindred friend for you as well. I'm sure of it. Thanks for sharing the scripture, as it spoke to my heart. Blessings Mica

    ReplyDelete