Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Mi Familia


I have so many things to be grateful for. This is the time of year where we reflect on those things. I am grateful everyday for these things. Since it is that time of Season however, I take a little extra time to ponder and praise God for the wonderful gifts He has given my family. It has been a rough road if you have been a reader for some time, you know my story. This last year and 1/2 have been quite eventful in many ways...Some bad and some very wonderful. This last 9 month have been hard for me since the passing of my beloved Gramma. I have been struggling with depression and fighting my way out of it. I can tell I am slowly coming back....Though it is taking some time. The other hard thing I deal with is the distance between our son and our family since he had moved to Washington. I am very proud of him for making it out on his own and working a full time job, getting his first apartment with his best friend from childhood...But it is the distance that is hard. It has been 9 months since I last saw him at my Gramma's funeral. The good thing is he is very close to us and we talk or text often. It just rips my heart out to know I can't just give him a hug or stop by or have him over for dinner....It is the distance. It was a blessing that he was able to fly out for my hubby's ordination service. He was able to get a couple days off work. This Momma was so thrilled and blessed beyond measure to finally hold him again and give him Mama kisses. His little sister cried when he came up to the door to greet her...and the tears were worse when he had to go home. She loves her big brother and misses him dearly. The visit was short...Too short for my liking, but it was sweet. We stayed up with him till after 2AM the first night just talking and hanging out with him and Mr. Darling's Mom who also flew in for the occasion. 






My heart was full...Just having us all here under one roof. I sat in the middle of my two babies and held them close for a while. It was just what I needed... Mi Familia!!!! I am so thankful that we had the opportunity to fly him here to be with us to share a very important milestone for our family. It was so nice to have meals together, to visit with each other, to laugh together and capture a few images through the lens, just for memories. My family...Mi Familia!!!  
They mean the world to me! I am so blessed.


It is unfortunate that we will not be spending Thanksgiving and Christmas together with our son, But, looking forward to making a trip up his way for vacation in the Summer. Another long 8 months or so before we are all together again as a family. I am already counting the days. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy you were able to enjoy this precious time, all together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand the feeling of missing those we love to far away to reach out and touch. But being separated from your kiddos is dreadful. I have grandchildren I rarely see....it breaks my heart at times. Your family pictures are wonderful. Hope your holidays are as blessed as can be my friend

    ReplyDelete