Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Springtime Thoughts


It's been a busy couple of weeks again. I haven't had the time to sit down and devote much time to blogging. Me and Freckles went to Southern Cali a week ago for her speech tournament. It went well. But let me tell you, coming home was the best, in my opinion. I am so not a huge traveler having to sleep away from home and being put into a crowd outside of my comfort zone. The important thing is that she had fun. Once we got home, it took a few days to recoup and get back to the rhythm of our life. Later this Summer we are planning to take a trip to Washington to see our son and stop off along the way to see our parents and possibly a friend. I was going to go to Latvia with my mother and sibling but there was a falling out with the family which led to threats of taking the trip away from me and vindictive behavior from their side publicly on Facebook, So I decided to step back from it all and not take the trip with them. In the long run, I am very happy with my decision. After the time I spent living with them for 6 months a couple years ago, it had caused a lot of health issues, stress, anxiety and depression along with much hurt. This is now a season in which I need to focus on my Lord, my health and my husband and children. Sometimes, sadly you have to be silent and walk away from people, even if they are family. The company I keep will be those who nourish my soul, who pray for me and my family, who lifts me up and cheers me on. I have felt a peace in my soul since...And I am finding joy again. I feel like a dark cloud has lifted off me. And it feels so good. 



I have been spending a lot of time with my girl... Teaching her how to cook and helping her find creative ways to keep organized in her new room. We shop together and giggle...It really has been wonderful. She is such a joy! We have plans to do crafty things and do our special Bible studies...It is such a blessing to have a daughter that is also my best friend. 



Side Note:

By far Spring is my favorite season. Enjoying the blooming flowers and warmer days, listening to the littlest birds sing the prettiest songs. This is a time for renewal. It reminds me of the old things that passed away and God giving new life to those who believe in Him. His promises are real. I bask in His glory. Winter now passes and Spring blossoms. His creation is truly amazing and I am so blessed to be a part of it, for I know His promises of new life is for me.

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. 
The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.

2 Corinthians 5:17

1 comment:

  1. Mica, I'm so sorry about the situation with your family...so sad. Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.
    It would be lovely to see you when you're up in my neck of the woods :)

    ReplyDelete