Tuesday, February 12, 2008

To Love Their Children & Abraham Lincoln's Birthday



Titus 2:4-5:" That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children".



The most important thing a other will do for her children is to create an atmosphere of peace and joy by loving their daddy and being satisfied with life.
God has honored the mother with the position of being the constant trainer of her young children.

The woman who invests herself in a child's life will be the one whom the child loves and the one with whom he will bond when he is older.



" I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth " III John 1:4
Make a new habit:

Look into your child's eyes and smile many times each day. Take time to play with your child throughout every day. Never work alone: have your little buddy helping you.

Oh, that their hearts would be inclined to fear me and keep all my commands always so that it might go well with them and their children forever. Deuteronomy 5:29

God has given your children gaurdian angels to watch them from heaven. You are their gaurdian angel here on earth.
We didn't forget President Abe Lincoln !!!
Abraham Lincoln was born in Kentucky in 1809 and raised in Indiana. A self-made man, he taught himself how to read and write. Elected President in 1861 and again in 1865, Lincoln made significant strides restoring freedom and dignity to all Americans. Through the Emancipation Proclamation issued January 1, 1863, and the passage of the Thirteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, Lincoln was influential in ultimately abolishing slavery. On April 15, 1865, John Wilkes Booth assassinated President Lincoln in Ford's Theater in Washington, D.C. The following year marked the first time that Lincoln's birthday was nationally celebrated.
Happy 199th Birthday Honest Abe !!

Lincoln quoted,

"All I am, or can be, I owe to my angel mother. "

Here are many famous Quotes and quotations said by Abe Lincoln

3 comments:

  1. Sweet post, and I LOVE quotes! I'll have to check out that link. Most of the quotes I search for I find on ThinkExist.com

    Hey, just wondering, can you send me the photos of you and your kids in here before Sepia was applied? I've been itching to make another photo collage and I'd love to include those, or any you're willing to share.

    Love,
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful post and a good reminder of the important job being a mother is!
    Hugs,
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  3. How I need that reminder. Sometimes it easier to "just do it myself." Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete