Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Giving Thanks....

 

We have so much to be thankful for. This year has been a really rough one with less money to live on. Through our hardest times God has always provided for us, in which I am so grateful for. We are now without income, yet there has been anonymous help which I can't even begin to tell you has been a tremendous relief. Though we will not be able to buy our children the latest things or new toys or clothes this year, I am thankful that I can use my own hands to make them a couple gifts to put under the tree. My Mom loaned us her faux Christmas tree this year so we have something to put our decorations on. Thanks Mom & Dad!!! Mr. Darling is going to Seminary full time...which each year food donations are given to the Seminary through a program called Starving students...We are so thankful for all the Thanksgiving foods and a huge turkey as well as basic pantry items and baking goods for Christmas which gave us the chance to fill our pantry...A bunch of food worth a couple hundred dollars for free! We were also able to get our fruits and veggies with some meats and bread for $26.00 through a program called Hope Food. What a blessing I tell you. Now my family will have food for a while without worry. I am so thankful for my children and my dear husband who has been working so hard in his studies and grateful to have such support through our family and Church Family....

Thanks be to God!
I pray that you too will have a blessed Thanksgiving from our home to yours!

3 comments:

  1. Through our hardest times God has always provided for us, in which I am so grateful for

    amen amen amen girl. I just wrote that in my journal last night..how He has provided for faithfully these last two years of many storms our family have faced.

    Blessings to you and yours my sweet American sister this Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is good! He will take care of those who love and trust him...he has always been right on time when there was a need and there have been many,believe me. More than I can count. He is a good provider. I have so little but,when I look around ,there is always someone with so much less....a blessed Thanksgiving day to your sweet family...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mica, happy Thanksgiving. Your faith and trust blesses me so, thank you for being real w/ all of us and blessing us. It is in our times of needs when God can really show His strength and creativity. It is not an easy place you are in right now but you are growing so much right now too. Love Clarice

    ReplyDelete