Saturday, November 13, 2010

For The Birds



The weather is cooling the leaves are finally falling from the trees
 and the birds are in search of food and warmth.


We decided to give the birds in our neck of the woods a little gift...
We cut a small pumpkin, filled it with bird seed and tied on different yarn scraps.
 Which gives the bird a spot to rest for a moment,
 get a bite to eat and lends the bird a hand (wing)
 with some fluff and warmth for it's nest.



I've been too sick this week to see if any birds have arrived...
 I just hope at least one will take the little surprise we left for them.

We all need a helping hand sometime!
We too received a lovely dinner from a dear friend this week
 who knew we were all ill. It is a blessing to have such friends who care during a time. We feasted on a lovely pot of home made chicken noodle soup with kale, fresh homemade baked bread and a delightful green salad... It was perfect in a time of need...hence I was too weak, with fever & aches to even cook a meal for my family. I am truly grateful for the gift of food and friends, which may have been what made me feel immensely better the next day!

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful gift...I am sure it was so appreciated by your bird friends...glad you receive the gift of a hot meal from your dear friend as well....I remember such a time when my children were wee and I too was very sick with a bad case of the flu...a hot supper for my table was like a treasure sent straight from heaven. Even though I was in no shape to eat...my childrens bellies were filled with such goodness and warmth...I shall ever forget that dear friend and her act of kindness...our world needs so much more of this sort of thing....I'm sure it would make our Saviour smile.
    Blessings on your weekend Mica....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are still sick, on no Mica. I will step up my prayers for you sweetie xoxo Clarice

    ReplyDelete