Saturday, January 22, 2011

Sunshine From The Sowing Box



Did I tell you that we are experiencing Spring/Summer like weather here in our area? WOW! Everywhere I look there is snow except here...California has snow, but it's all in the mountains...We got up to the high 70's today...last week was hotter! I decided...Heck, if we are going to have this sort of weather I might as well make some projects that will fit the season. I dug out my vintage sheet stash from the sowing box and chose some happy sunshine colors. I have been using these sheets in quilt projects and pajama's for Freckles. She loves the light weight flowy feel of the fabrics. Perfect for warm weather.



If this isn't bright and happy I don't know what else to think! I got to cutting and planning. Since it is also Citrus season with all the yummy oranges and lemons growing I decided to make a couple things for her to enjoy. As a school project we have been doing citrus studies and projects plus went on an educational fieldtrip this weekend which I will share in the next couple of days.
 

I put together this quilted scrappy shoulder bag using
 the sheets and a couple misc. fabrics.
 It is so cute!
 

But wait...there's more... I decided to sew a
 sweet sunshine skirt to go with the shoulder bag.


I found this sweet tutorial for this very Sunshine Skirt!
 Perfectly sweet and easy too!!!
Freckles wore her new skirt and shoulder bag today...
It was perfect in this warm weather!
 On another note.... I started working on a Waldorf inspired doll for Freckles too! She had always admired them in the Magic Cabin catalogs...But we can't spare the amount of money they ask. So I am trying to put my spin on making one that represents her with Freckles and all!


Doesn't she look happy?
Wishing you a Happy Sunshiney day!!

3 comments:

  1. Mica the bag, the skirt and the doll are all beautiful! You are so talented my daughter. Your home is always filled with sunshine with those wonderful children and that amazing husband.

    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I wish you were my mother!! Love the skirt and bag. It is such sunny weather becase I am coming
    ;-P xkxkx Clarice

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the 'Cheery Bright Colors you picked here'... your little girl is the luckiest to have a mom like you.It's all so beautifully created Mica. :)
    ♥ ya, Nene

    ReplyDelete