Thursday, February 24, 2011

Cheerful Winter Finds......


I spent the whole week trying to catch up on housework and laundry. Finally got the chance to take a few pics. of the little treasures I found while thrifting with my Mom and Gramma. I put together a simple table display in the kitchen nook... Lemons from my moms tree under a glass cloche with gingham ribbon sitting sweetly on my favorite find...A darling vintage table cloth ...red with daisies and roses. I got it for $3.00. First I soaked in in cold water and lemon then gently hand washed it. There are a few spots that can't get out...But doesn't really matter for the price I got it for.

Another shop we went through, I found these two sisters...It reminds me of me and my Sister, Shawny. She has blond hair and I am a brunette. They were just $2.00. I couldn't resist their sisterly love!

Lastly I found a couple old children's books. I am a hobby children's book collector. Our collection is slowly growing... My daughter really enjoys the old stories and graphics from older books. Someday I will have them for my Grand Children...Lord willing. This last week I have been reading the tales from Little Prudy's Story Book before she slumbers down for her long Winter's nap. It is sweet thus far!

 
It's almost Friday... Back to work finishing up my daily chores, a brisk walk then a scrumptious dinner of BBQ Spare Ribs and homemade sweet potato fries...YUM! Wishing you all a happy day!

7 comments:

  1. What a pretty tablecloth and those dolls are just adorable!! Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet stuff! I love the sister dolls. I bought a vintage table cloth at an area co-op last year that is very similar to yours. mine is a smaller square and doesnt really fit on my kitchen table but looked cute on my porch last summer. only a few more weeks of winter! I cant wait for nice weather to get here again!
    have a great weekend.
    hugs!
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice finds Mica...I hope to do a little thrifting with my mama and sis next week sometime...being real careful what I bring home these days though! I carried away about six full boxes to the Charity Shop here in our little town yesterday...still working on weeding my home. Love those sweet dolls....blessings on your weekend,Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful finds. You are soo lucky to have all that fresh citrus. I certainly enjoyed it while I was there xoox Clarice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that tablecloth. I wouldn't worry about a couple of stains it seems to look in very good shape. Love the lemons with the gingham ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice finds Mica and your dinner sounds yummy too!
    Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow... how canny that those 'sister dolls' look and do remind me of you and shawny too. Love them. And another bright and cheery table cloth. Great Finds. You always do find great things. Got to shop with you... ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete