Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Rednesday Birthday....

Happy Rednesday and Happy Birthday to me!
I can't believe another year has passed by like a flash. It was just yesterday it seems, when I just turned 20 something. It is hard to believe that I am almost 40. One more year will pass as fast as this I am sure. I was in the store about a month ago and came across these .99 cent reading glasses and thought heck...I will try these to see if I would notice any change since I have noticed for a while now that words on a page seem to be clustered together or even a blur. I was amazed and excited all in one when I realized...Duh! I can see clearly now. So, I guess this is it folks. I need reading glasses...a sure sign of age."Sigh"

A couple posts down I had a picture of my fave shoes...Red Mary Jane's I have had for years now. They are very worn in..I just can't seem to part with them. With my old age and all, I can't even remember where I got them, but know I heart them!
I even got a birthday gift in the mail from my Brother and Sister in Law, Nene the other day. I was so thrilled with what Nene chose for me. This sweet Rice Krispies 100th Anniversary plate and mug...
So sweet, so me, so red! They also sent me a couple sweet tea party dishes for sugar and sweets...If you go back to the first picture in this post you will see one of them right behind my reading glasses. I reallly love them...They bring so much cheer...I can't wait to have a tea party now!
They also enclosed this darling Rice Krispies plate and matching mug...I know it is Robin's Egg Blue...But there is a bit of red in it...tee hee. I really love this one too! It goes so well with red.
I even found the perfect poem to go with it. It reminded me of my childhood days... I loved to swing.
 I spent many a days swinging my life away....
 Oh the memories.
*****
The Swing
By Robert Louis Stevenson 1850–1894
How do you like to go up in a swing,
Up in the air so blue?
Oh, I do think it the pleasantest thing
Ever a child can do!
Up in the air and over the wall,
Till I can see so wide,
Rivers and trees and cattle and all
Over the countryside—
Till I look down on the garden green,
Down on the roof so brown—
Up in the air I go flying again,
Up in the air and down!
I was also thinkin' the other day... How I thought I would never make it past 35. I can't even tell you why I thought such a thing. But, here I am..I past it up... Now climbing the hill. I will share later this week my other gifts I got to pick out. Mr. Darling gave me some birthday money to spend...I went thrifting of course. It was so much fun. I haven't been in soooo long. Well, I am off to celebrate... Tonight, friends are coming over for a soup supper and cupcakes!
Linking up with: It's A Very Cherry World
Have a Happy Day...I am!!!

10 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday beautiful lady. I used to think the same way as you..not making it to a certain age..and here I am,,going on 47 on Sunday...

    Loved all the pretties that were sent your way.

    Blessings to you and what an awesome birthday,,on REDNESDAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!! Love those reading glasses and your red Mary Janes are so cute. I would not be able to part with them either. I can remember when I didn't believe that there was "life" after 25 ha ha. Stop by and visit this over the hill girl sometime!

    Love,
    Susan and Bentley
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Cute pictures, as always. I've got those maryjanes, but in brown, not red. Wish I had red.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey it's my Birthday too!! I am the big 3 0 which is a little scary for me! I wish you a very Happy day x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU... Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear sista... Happy Birthday to you!!!I hope and pray your day is full of Lovely Cheer and Happiness all around you!! It looks like it already, Loved your B-day POST and Poem to the "Blue Plate". It's Perfect... You need to go "Swing to Today on a Swing Set" like a little child and Laugh like the plate. :) LOL... wising you Amazing Blessings Today and Year Ahead. Love you bunches... xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Me Again".. haha! Sorry, I wanted to surprise you with something this morning at my blog. But the post thumbnail is not updating from 5 hours ago?? Wonder why?! Anyway, when you get a sec. please stop by and see Beautiful lady!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love you because you were born, I love you because You are beautiful, I love you because you are an amazing mother, I love you because you are the best example of a wife, I love you because you The our Lord, I love you because God gave you to me, I love you because you are the best aunt, I love you because the world is more beautiful through your eyes, I love you because you inspire me, I love you because you a wonderful auntie, I love you because you are so giving, I love you just because you are you.

    THank you for who you are to me and our family.

    Happy Birthday Sissy!

    You are amazing!

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Mica. Sorry I missed you when I called this morning. You must have been out shopping!
    Hope you had a special day.
    Love you my daughter
    xoxoxoxoxo
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Belated Birthday Mica! I just read your newest post, and it looks like you had a really wonderful day. Who wouldn't, with waffles for breakfast, pretty handmade cards and new additions to your red mug collection! Oh, and those 99cent glasses are the best. I swear, just before I turned 40, it seemed like I needed those glasses overnight! I now have a pair in every room of the house!
    Happy Birthday and Happy REDnesday!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete