Wednesday, June 26, 2013

A Bit Gloomy This Week...


This has been a gloomy beginning this week. We received sad news that our Great Nephew (5 months old) is very ill. He stopped breathing over the weekend, our Niece revived him using CPR and got him to the hospital. He has been unable to breathe on his own. Our hearts are heavy. The tests reveal he has a genetic disorder called SMA known as Skeletal Muscular Atrophy stage I. We have been praying for him and our Niece, her husband and their sweet little daughter as well as my Husbands brother and our sister in law. Please dear friends, if you could take a moment to pray for our family and our sweet Great Nephew...It would mean a lot. We pray for their wisdom and that the Lord will show them mercy and grace. It is only through our Heavenly Father that anyone could ever have hope, He is merciful. And we must also remember that whatever is His will...We should trust that it is for our good. Though, they are in one of the darkest times of their lives, I pray they know that we have a Lord who cares and loves them and only hopes they would seek Him in a time like this. It has been hard for me personally to get the week going, with them on my mind, I feel so helpless and every time they come to mind, my heart sinks. We are so far away from them...We could only offer up prayer. On another note, the weather here has actually been quite gloomy as well, overcast and rainy. I am moving slow on the home front. We did manage to get some more stuff put away...one more week we will have our new couch, 
then we will be in business for having people over.


Sunday, I was asked to be a part of the floral team rotation. I will get to pick out flowers and make three arrangements for the Sunday Church service once a month. I love the idea of it...It will give me a chance to use my creative gifts and serve in the church in some way. I was also given some info on a couple home school groups. I will look into it. One is a group who uses the Charlotte mason methods....Which I love. We have been implementing those methods for many years now. Our Summer schooling is off to a slow start...But that's okay. Home schooling is forgiving and flexible. Our family was also invited to a families home this Saturday for some friendship and fellowship. Freckles was also invited to stay the night, weather permitting the girls will sleep outside under the stars. That sounds like fun. Sometimes I wish I was a young girl again.


We also were able to find Freckle's floor to her new room. Things are getting put away and she decorated a bit. We will share more soon. I'm happy to get a few more pictures and little works of art up....It is starting to feel more and more like home every day... 
Just gotta get past some of this gloom. Sorry again for the blurry pictures...These also came from my phone. I'll get some better shots soon. Hopefully I will be able to share more corners of our home for ya. Have a great week everyone. Thanks again for your prayers.


3 comments:

  1. at least you are surrounded by a cheerfully decorated home... in spite of the gloom. Im praying for the baby. sooo sad for that family. truly heart breaking. we just dont get to understand why.
    I will keep praying
    I'm glad youre getting settled in and having the opportunity to make new friends. they will love you!
    you're a gem my friend.
    I hope the "son" shines on you today!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for your great nephew! Your home looks beautiful as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still praying for God's will concerning your little nephew and all the family....so sad indeed! May God give mercy, as you said. Only God can help in a time such as this. I do not know what others who don't know the Lord do in such a time...who do they turn too? Your home is looking so bright and cheerful Mica. I can't wait to see more :) Sounds like you all are getting settled in nicely. I believe you have encouraged me to add lots more color to my bedroom. May help to cheer my mood. I am having surgery Monday morning to repair a very large hernia...not looking forward to it,but it must be done. I am a big baby when it comes to pain :) Blessings to all of you in Jesus name.

    ReplyDelete