Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Two Weeks.....



Well, we have been in our new place for two weeks already. I am still in the middle of sorting things out, putting things away, making room for storage out in the garage and putting our son's stuff to one side. Little by little, box by box we are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I set up the kitchen first...Since that is the main hub around here...I also managed to do a few projects that needed to be finished and do some canning as well. My sister gave me her old table and chairs set. I sanded the table down to paint, but realized I kinda liked the farm house look...The chairs will have to wait for now since they will need new covers made and sanded down as well...Not sure yet if I will paint them. For now I have a few mixed matched chairs, so we have a place to sit and eat as a family. Today I took the last box out of the dining room....Yay.


Life still has to go on even during and after a move...We have been longing for our normal routines from the last five months of limbo. We found the stores, stocked up on necessities, found the library, went to a baby shower function for a gal from our new church, Freckles has done some baking and helping out where she can. She loves our new place and being back to us...Though we are missing our boy...But, we are very happy for him and his new job in Washington. We are hoping to get him out here at least for a few days this Summer. And of course the in between regular cleaning and laundry is getting done. 


Okay we are still sorta trying to find our living room. The boxes are finally cleared...Just a few more things to hang and waiting on our new couch and a slip cover for our chair. Till then, this is all I am showing you. Pretty nice ha? j/k


I finally painted my hutch that sat in our garage for the last 7 years in between our moves and all. I thought...Heck, I finally have a place to use it, I might as well snazzy her up. I even papered the inside. And even my Pyrex and winky cups have a place of their own.


Not to forget the whole big reason we came out here to begin with... My dear Mr. Darling finally got a job. He was chosen to be a year long Pastor intern with the means to plant a church in the surrounding area where there is a need. They gave him an office and some duties and will support our work as a home missions family. We are thrilled beyond mention and so excited he will be doing what he loves after working so hard to get there. We are truly blessed and grateful for the opportunity and most of all thankful to God, for this indescribable gift . Our new church is very nice, the people have been welcoming and warm, not to mention very helpful and loving. Freckles will be going to a Summer camp next month, hoping she will make friends...And we will be catching up on home school stuff while Mr. Darling works. I have to show you, the above picture is not a lunch  made for my sweet daughter, but for my hubby. You think the guy's will be jealous? Well, he took it to the church and wasn't the least embarrassed. I love that man.
 


Alright, moving on...Among all the clothes we have been washing and drying, we have been putting away. I just hope this linen closet stays this nice. I love vintage sheets...
Did I ever mention that to you? 


Lastly, I finally got my little sewing corner set up. The rest of the room is still in shambles...Will have to share that later. We will be using it as a sewing/home school room/ guest bedroom. I do miss our boy living with us...But, the third bedroom is awfully nice to finally have a place to call my own. Can't wait to start using it.
*****
Hope you enjoyed at least a little peek of what is going on.
I promise to share more soon.
P.S. Sorry for the bad pictures, they were taken off my phone.
Have a great week.

10 comments:

  1. WELCOME HOME MICA!!
    I know you'll have everything in place soon. a lot of work, but once you get to start tweaking everything, it gets fun!
    have a great day!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of work ineed... I'm in a burn out mode!!! Looking forward to getting settled and blog more etc... Hugs

      Delete
  2. Well I already see you darling touch. Things are looking very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are getting settled in. The linen closet looks just lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like Mica to me :) "Home Sweet Home" indeed! I am so happy for all of you......blessings

    Very cute lunch :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your sweet Shelly.... Yeah I'll have to make him more lunches like this!!!

      Delete
  5. A new home! I have missed your blog! :) I see there is so much to catch up on for me. Congrat's to you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope to blog a bit more... And get back to reading my favorite blogs, yours included!!!! ;)

      Delete