Tuesday, February 11, 2014

California Winter


While there are many states in our Country in the middle of snow storms and cold harsh Winters. Us Californians are enjoying a very mild Winter. It is hard to call this Winter at all. But, it is still the season. California has endured a very mild Winter. Not a lot of snow in the mountains and deemed to be in the middle of a drought and to top it off the temperature is quite warm. We have hardly experienced any rain at all...


I will however let you in on a secret. LOL.
Californians are wimps when it comes to Winter around here. We bundle up like it is a snowstorm when it is in the 40's or 50's. We need some excuse to wear all those cute Wintery outfits, hats and scarves too... When it rains it pours.... People can't handle the sprinkles here, let alone drive in it. I will admit I am freezing if it's below 70 degrees. I bundle up in my house and turn up the heat just to be toasty. I just chuckle to myself. Seeing all the freezing cold pictures people post on the web. All the wonderful Winter Wonderland frigid cold pictures and here we are in
 California basking in the sun. 






This last week, The Good Lord sent us some rain... 
It is so refreshing to have the water falling from the sky. It is so needed here. 
Our grass was looking pretty brown, the plants were dying....
 I feel like a kid in a candy store just to have a little bit of rain. 
And that is what we call Winter in California.

No comments:

Post a Comment