Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Happy Pancake Day


Today is National Pancake Day. In many religious/Christian cultures this day is known as Shrove Tuesday. The day preceding Ash Wednesday or the first day of Lent and celebrated by many countries by eating pancakes. I thought we would celebrate along and make some pancakes for breakfast. My Freckled girl is also under the weather so, I thought it might just bring a smile to her face. I think it did.


I have many memories of pancakes. I grew up on them. My dad would make them every weekend. The best part was when bananas were added into the mix...or blueberries yum! When I would visit my Gramma and Grampa they would take me to a restaurant just to eat pancakes every morning and if they weren't taking me out to eat them, Gramma would be making them in Swedish pancake form. To this day I am a lover of the pancake. yes, i know they are carb filled fatty foods... But sometimes it's okay to indulge a little.  


I do love the idea of a pancake tradition being shared by other Christians
 in different countries on this one day each year. I'm on board.
 Have a Happy Pancake Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment