Thursday, March 6, 2014

Don't Forget To Laugh....


These last couple weeks have surely been filled with heartache. The loss of my Gramma has not been easy for me. One would never know how they will react to loss of a loved one. I tried to be the brave one when my Gramma passed. I was running on adrenaline the week of her passing as we planned her memorial. After the memorial, it started to really sink in. I knew I had to make the long drive home a couple days after the memorial. I had to make sure I could mentally do the trip without falling apart, with my daughter in the car. Once we arrived home safely, walked in our home and finally reunited with my Dear Mr. Darling...Is when it all came to a head. I could finally release what I have been bottling up inside for days. I needed it to come out. I missed my Gramma and the thought of not being able to see her again left a huge gash in my heart. Mr. Darling brought me back down to reality. The truth of God's word, the fact that I will see her again...one day. It would be something I could look forward to when the Lord takes me home one day. Those are the truths that I must hold onto....And surely my Gramma wouldn't want me to be sorrowful for her all my life. I am pretty sure she would want me to be happy...The comforting words of the Bible and my husband has sunk in... Each day gets a little better. I think of her and always will. I will cherish the times I had with her. I will never forget our special bond. I look forward to being with her again one day. I have been a little bit of a wreck the past couple weeks. It is time for me to get up, get out and find joy in this precious life God has given us. I need to be the wife, mother, daughter, sister and friend I was created to be. I made it out a couple times this last week...Did a little retail therapy as well as crafting therapy for myself. I am one that tends to neglect myself. Today I got dressed, put a little makeup on, went out with my girl and even made something for myself. A reminder to let joy abound, find happiness in the little things, and laugh.... It is known that laughter is good medicine for those who are down, depressed and stressed. 
The Bible even sheds light on that.

A glad heart makes a cheerful face, but by sorrow of heart the spirit is crushed.
 Proverbs 15:13


As many of you know I love color. I need cheerful colors around me anyway...Since I do have tendencies towards depression. The happy colors brighten up my home, making it cheery. It really does help with my mood. I rarely ever make anything and keep it for myself either. So, I decided to do something for me today. I got out my fabric stash and crafting supplies which have been gathering dust for the last several months and put together a cheerful, colorful wreath...I added in the word "Laugh" to it. To remind me, not to forget to laugh.


I made it a point to smile more today and indeed some laughter came out of my soul. and it was good. I feel better today than I have in a long time. I needed that. So, as to encourage you dear reader, we all have our own struggles, stresses and depression at times. Don't you forget to laugh and smile...Dig down deep, it's there and your gonna feel better once you get it out. I suggest you do something for yourself once in a while too.... I rarely ever do things just for me since I have a servants heart... But even a servant should make time for some TLC... Make prayer a priority in your life, Go to the Lord with all your cares, read His word, make something with your hands... Everyone is creative in some way. Take a nice bubble bath, put on some makeup, get your hair done, buy a new outfit if you can, or even window shop. Take a nice walk and enjoy God's creation, soak it up. re~ arrange your furniture to give a new look, get a manicure/pedicure, a massage, write your thoughts in a journal, paint, garden, see a funny movie, have a game night with family or friends, have a tea party.
Don't forget to
Laugh~Laugh~Laugh



 "Dear God, thank you for your Word so that I can know how to live a healthier and happier life, and in so living greatly enhance my relationships and joy. Please help me God to so live. Thank you for hearing and answering my prayer. Gratefully, in Jesus' name, amen." 

No comments:

Post a Comment