Wednesday, July 1, 2015

There's No Place Like Home


I must confess...I love home....I am not a wanderlust or a huge adventurer or traveler. I like to stay close to home and not too long away from it. Home is where my favorite people are, where we gather and show hospitality with friends and church family, enjoying meals and fellowship. A place where we can be ourselves in rest and quiet solitude, feeling safe or even enjoy one another's joys, triumphs, dreams, and laughter. And the sad times filled with disappointments, tears or times of unrest and hurts. It's a place where we work, play games, watch a movie and just plain ole' relax....Where we can be raw and real. It is a place where I am able to express myself through decorating or re arranging, switching things out, making it a homey and comfortable sanctuary for my little clan. And though this is a temporal home, I am blessed that we can share our seasons and memories under one roof together with the people I love the most, until our heavenly home is given to us,
 we are grateful for the time we have here on earth. 


Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young – a place near your altar, LORD Almighty, 
my King and my God. 


What do you love about HOME?

(vintage 1950's cottage/home salt and pepper shakers with sugar bowl? 
(found while scavenging through an antique shop)
Have A Happy Day!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi hun, catching up with your blog. What is not to love about your home. I too am pretty fond of staying home, but like you forever am looking forward to our heavenly home. Your pickles are beautiful and I imagine very yummy too ;) Blessings ♡

    ReplyDelete