Thursday, June 25, 2015

Country Girl Dilly Dill Pickles & Yo Yo Show Ribbon Craft


This Summer I have been spending some of my days making jams.... I decided to take a jam break for an evening of canning some dill pickles. So easy, so good and fun! I bought a bunch of little cucumbers and cut slices and chips from my bushel.





Country Girl Dilly Pickles
Bring to a boil: 3 Cups sugar, 2 Tablespoons salt, 2 Cups pure apple cider vinegar, 2 Cups water.
Place in each pint jar (about 4 pint jars): sliced cucumbers
1 whole garlic clove, 1 fresh dill sprig
Pour liquid into sterile jars. Seal. Process in boiling water about 15 minutes in canner.

Allow the pickles to cure for a month before eating! 
********



After canning, cooling and allowing time for them to cure. You can eat or give away as gifts. A nice touch to gift giving is decorating your jar of goodness. I used vintage sugar sack linen fabric for the tops tied with twine and added a homemade vintage fabric yo yo ribbon for a bit of whimsy. A nice little country girl look I might add.




To make these easy yo yo show ribbons. You need two different sized yo yo's in coordinating fabrics, fabric button kit, lace or ribbon in a coordinating color. I used some old vintage yo yo's that I had in my stash. You can make fabric yo yo's yourself by using a yo yo maker found in craft/sewing stores, I found a package of aluminum button/fasteners in a packaged kit to make the center button...So easy just follow directions on package and use your favorite fabric...You will be addicted to these! I cut some fabric lace then sandwiched the fabric lace folded in half on the bottom then big yo yo on top, the smaller yo yo on top of the big yo yo, poking the fastener right through the middle,
 then closing the fastener closed. See pictures below.







So cute it looks like a show ribbon award. 
You can also wear it if you want...Just add a pin backing!
Have fun!!!! Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

  1. Honey you are the most creative person I know! These are adorable and those pickles! Where do you find the time or energy to can so many things? Love you and wish I could taste your pickles!

    ReplyDelete