There is a little baker in town,
who surpasses your flat cookie with hardly
any marshmallow filling in the middle,
wrapped in a cellophane wrapper.
We like it home made and fresh!
And I mean nothing...
beats, Home Made!!!
Oatmeal Cookie Sandwiches
- 1-1/2 cups shortening
- 2-2/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 to 3 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and nutmeg; add to creamed mixture. Stir in oats.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For filling, in a small bowl, cream shortening, sugar and marshmallow creme. Add enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Spread filling on the bottom of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
We even made half a dozen miniature Oatmeal sandwiches
for Freckle's American Girl Doll....
She approves too!!!!
Did I mention they are Kid approved??
Have a great day!!!