Friday, August 6, 2010

My American Girl



Today Freckles and I went to
The American Girl Place in Los Angeles
 to celebrate her birthday.
She is going to be officially 10 tomorrow!!!
She saved up some B-day money to buy another
 American Girl doll, which she named Willow.






We drove 2 hours to get to L.A to visit The American Girl
 Store and have a special lunch together. Freckles was so thrilled to go.
 She has been wanting to see the store for a LONG time.
We looked around at EVERYTHING!
 




Freckles tried on some hats....
As she dreamed of buying everything in the store.
 
 


It was HUGE!
 There were two levels of dolls, clothes, accessories...
You name it it was there...
Everything you would find in their catalogs and more!
It was actually overwhelming!
 

Even the bathroom was cute...
The mirrors were adorable...
 And each stall had a doll hanger!
YUP!
 A doll hanger...
Hillarious!!
 
 


After browsing around...
 We checked in for our reservations to a luncheon in the Cafe.

 
 
 

We were seated at our cozy little table.
 

 
We started off with a little cinnamon roll.....
How sweet is that.
A little dessert before lunch.

 

Willow got her own special doll seat and a plate & cup...
Freckles even shared her cinnomon roll with her.

 
 

Then we were served an appetizer..
Yum!

 

We had some great conversation while waiting for our lunch...
asking questions that we were given at the table....
Like....
Would you rather watch a sunset or a sunrise?
Would you rather take a hot shower or a bubble bath?
 If you could pick three famous people to be your friends who would it be?
What is your most favorite childhood memory?
What is your best birthday memory?

 


Our waitress brought us dessert and sang
Happy Birthday to my Freckles....


And... She blew out her candle and made a wish.


 

Our day together will be a treasured memory.
It was truly the bestest day!!!

7 comments:

  1. Baby Bee and I have to go there. She has a Bitty Baby and Julie (the doll that makes me feel like an antique because she is my age). Baby Bee will be 10 next February. That might be an excellent time to go. It looks like so much fun. So delightfully girly! I like how Willow has freckles just like Freckles! Thanks for posting this today. You have inspired a trip. (If you ever make it to Wisconsin, they have an American Girl outlet in Oshkosh. We went there and got a ton of Bitty Baby outfits about 5 years ago. Prices were fantastic.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Abrianna!
    Looks like you and Mommy had a great time. I love Willow. Can't wait to meet her :)

    Love you my sweet granddaughter
    XOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous day you two had together!! This will be a well treasured memory for Freckles I am sure! I have always wanted an American Girl doll. Perhaps one day. Dreams can come true. I know! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to take my grand girls there someday....I think I would enjoy it as much as they would....better start saving now if I am to buy a doll though...smile. Thanks so much for sharing y'alls very special adventure....I will bring the girls back to this post and share it will them...blessings

    A very Happy B-D to you Freckles...hope my card arrived on time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Chloe wants ot go there soooo bad. Isn't there a store in SD?? Looks like a perfect birthday Freckles xoxo Clarice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you both had a wonderful time:) Hope Freckles has a wonderful birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mica, What a Beautiful Memory you gave her!! Loved that place too... So Magical and Stylish! I am looking forward to buying Mila an American Girl Doll one day. Bri sure is a lucky girl to have you as her mommy. Her Birthday was soooo Special and Beautiful with you by her side. Can't believe she is 10, Jared 9 already. Wow... 11 years zoomed by. I remember when you were pregnant with Bri at our wedding, (the day I married your brother.) Years Sure Passed by fast didn't it? I admire you for making wonderful memories with your kids that are special. Love and Hugs! xoxox

    ReplyDelete