Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A Funny Float, A Fruitful Pitcher & A Springtime Music Box....


My daughter drew this picture to enter in The American Girl magazine for their float contest. She came up with a funny colorful float...A rainbow colored owl with her pulling the float along in a parade the sky is filled with balloons and confetti.Too cute for words. She hopes they will like it and publish it in the next magazine. I think it is quite a whimsical Festive piece. By the way...The owlets we watch from the live cams are now hatching from their eggs...
It is so fun to see.

This was a find from Thrifting...It had a little chip, but I loved it anyway. The fruit is colorful and I adore the crazing in the piece.... For now it sits in my kitchen on a shelf. It was only $1.00!!!
 I am open for ideas on what to do with it. I thought perhaps a vase for flowers.
 
This cute find made me smile. It is simple, sweet and cheery on a Winter day.
 It gets me in the mood for Spring!!! I found this when we were in Santa Maria this Summer for .75 cents.
It plays music even.
Love Blooms where it is planted.
Have a wonderful day!!!
I am linking to:
 Rednesday
&
Ruby Tuesday

13 comments:

  1. your daughters picture is so wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter's drawing is absolutely charming! I hope it gets published too!


    A DAMSEL WHO LOVED SHADES OF RED

    A damsel who loved shades of red
    Discovered she’d been sore misled;
    She had no more rose,
    Nor blush for her nose—
    If she finds the thief, the guy’s dead!


    © 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

    Poinsettia and Fountain

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful poster (looks like she likes the same palette you do :-) . If I saw that poster at a store, I'd buy it for my little grandchildren's room. Or maybe I'd put it in the kitchen where it would make me smile everyday. I mean it -- it's that good. It would be cute on a special cake plate too, it's so festive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daughter's art make me smile it is marvelous. You have two great finds, I love them both. A vase sounds like a wonderful idea .
    Blessings,
    ~Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very nice red showing for today. I really hope your daughter gets published. I think is so good when the young people get recognition for their talent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!

    Hope you can still take a peek at my Ruby Tuesday, thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, your daughters picture is wonderful, she is very talented! Love your sweet vintage finds too! Have a wonderful Valentines Day, Nan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Bri's art . I stole it to put on my blog in Abrianna Art. I love that little tea pot and yes flowers would look so cute in it. the little girl is adorable. You sure find the neatest stuff and for next to nothing.
    Love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think she's got talent-what an adorable picture full of so much color and detail!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Artistic ability obviously runs in the family, because your daughter did such a great job on her drawing! And I can definitely see some flowers in that pretty pitcher!
    Happy REDnesday,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Freckles little picture is wonderful..I see a little Artist budding there...like mother..like daughter :) ...love your finds...so cheerful....blessings

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the float drawing! She is very talented. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness Sweetie your blog is most delightful... LOVE the art work and, well, all the wonderful photos!!!
    You're in my heart, thoughts and prayers~~~Blessings and love from our LORD above~~~Hugs Dena

    ReplyDelete