Monday, August 15, 2011

Gleaning Gifts From The Garden...


Today I am thinking of the blessings of friends and their thoughtfulness. These past few years we have been blessed by friends who give us gifts from their garden. I never turn them down. In the past we have been blessed with tamaters, apples, apricots, peaches, zucchini, plums, avocados, kale, lettuce and lemons.
 We glean from our friends with happy smiles and thanksgiving.
 This month we were given tamaters, zucchini and wild plum jam...Yum!!!! Today I made peanut butter and jam sandwhiches for lunch...I used the yummy Wild Plum Jam of course!!!!

I used a few of the tamaters in a veggi drink and in tortilla wraps...
The rest will be eaten in something I am sure. The Zucchini will be made into bread.
 I use this recipe.

Food is always considered a gift in our home.
 I am thankful to my dear friends who share their bounty!
May you have a blessed day!!!!

1 comment:

  1. When I was young we had a huge garden. Though we were by today's standards poor, we were always able to share our fresh and preserved fruits and veggies with friends and family. Simpler times. Good times.

    ReplyDelete