Thursday, August 23, 2012

Goodbye Summer....


For our last week of Summer fun before school starts after Labor Day, we went to the beach with friends from church. And I finally get to cross of the beach from my Summer Bucket List. Yay. The day was filled with listening to the waves and children playing. They dug holes, captured sand crabs, buried my son in the sand, I made a mermaid with my son, played in the ocean, boogie boarded and walked on the boardwalk. We ate lunch under our canopy, soaked up some sun (well....whatever sun there was) did a little people watching and enjoyed the company of good friends. Oh, and came back with lot's of sand.
                        
Goodbye Summer...
We will miss you.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you got to cross beach day off your summer list! I spend as many days at the beach as possible. Im sure I'll be heading there this weekend as its supposed to be hot! And, I think i'm taking a bunch of the kids I work with there next thursday, if the weather is good.
    I LOVE freckles wavy beach hair! sooo beautiful!
    have a great weekend!
    hey, any news about jobs for mr darling?
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a fun day! Love that mermaid!
    Happy new school year to you! Are you ready? Me neither! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it was a fun time...I love the beach,but haven't been but a few times in Galveston here in Texas. The beaches there in CA. are so much prettier and clean :) Blessings

    ReplyDelete