Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Mr. Darling



Through the years I have referenced my dear hubby as Mr. Darling here on my blog. It is a sweet endearment to him. I just love this guy of mine. We celebrated his 20th year of Fatherhood this last weekend. It has flown by just as quick as our kids are growing. He's been a great dad to our children, loving them both unconditionally. He has given them a wonderful foundation in their faith in God, he has passed on the wisdom that he has gleaned from throughout the years and has loved and nurtured them with his whole heart. When things ever go south or he lost his patience he is always sure to ask for forgiveness and he has given a whole lotta grace in turn. We were young when we started our family and were not married long before our first child came into our life, but he sure was a natural at being a great daddy. He has been the rock in our home, even though he has felt at times he has failed. I think and know he has done an excellent job with the gifts he has been given. His beautiful children have been nothing but the apples of his eye. I am so proud of him. My dear Mr. Darling, the father of our children...It was meant to be. I love that.
For Father's Day weekend we had a lovely picnic at the park with a couple of families from our church plant. It was really nice spending part of the afternoon with them fellowshipping. Later that night Freckles and I took him out to dinner, then we simply hung out together at home. Sunday we had a little photo shoot of Daddy and Daughter. So sweet...I just love those two...Our son is too far away to have shared this day with us, but he is always with us in spirit...Sure do miss him being around. Later that evening we had our evening church service...It was great. My dear Mr. Darling preached a wonderful sermon, we were with our sweet church family and couldn't have asked for a better day.
We are so blessed.






Hoping you had a great Father's Day too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment