Thursday, March 31, 2011

Good Eats...

Hello!
Thought I'd pop in to say hello!
 Just had a delightful dinner with Mr. Darling and the kids tonight.
 I made a yummy Chicken & Broccoli Cobbler from the Quick Fixes Southern Living Cookbook...
And it was really delish. So, I had to share it with you too!
Chicken & Broccoli Cobbler
1/4 c melted butter
3 cups cubed sourdough bread
1/2 cup pre shredded Parmesan cheese
3 cups small broccoli florets
3 cups chopped cooked chicken
1/2 cup drained chopped roasted red bell pepper
1 (10oz.) Alfredo sauce
1/2 cup sour cream
2 Tbl. dry sherry
Garlic seasoning
*****
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Drizzle butter over bread cubes in a large bowl: sprinkle wit cheese, and toss well. Set aside.
2. Combine broccoli and next five ingredients in a large bowl. Spoon filling into a lightly greased 2 qt. baking dish or individual baking dishes: top with bread
 cubes then season just the tops with sprinkles of garlic seasoning.
3. Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 30 minutes ( 20-25 min. for individual cobblers) or until bubbly and top is toasted.
P.S I didn't add the bell peppers since it is not a fave with Mr. Darling...
And I left out the sherry...Simply because I didn't have it...It was still tasty!
*****
Serve this with a lovely salad. Lately I have been really into making this salad... Spinach leaves with glazed walnuts topped with feta and raspberry walnut dressing...so good!
Then you can top that all off with some homemade healthy oatmeal cookies for dessert...
Oh yeah, that's what I'm talkin' about!
Hope all is well...I am off to finish some work on a dolly I started!!!
***
Linking Up to
&

4 comments:

  1. That looks yummy. My husband is a huge casserole lover so I bet he would enjoy that a lot. I'll have to try it when it gets a little chillier again. Have you seen the Simply Marzetti dressings? They have them at my local grocery store. I tried the pomegranate and it was divine. It was a little pricey, but you don't need a lot to give it that delicious tangy flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmm!! everything looks so good! I had popcorn for dinner last night. I made burgers for my husband, son and his girlfriend. but I had eaten a small sub at lunch and 2 large cookies, so I decided not to eat a bunch of calories. but I have to tell ya, I'm starving this morning!!
    gotta go get some breakfast now. have a great weekend
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off, love your new banner and look!!! Yummm, thank you for the recipes!! xoxox Clarice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your new look :)

    I'm sorry I'm so late coming around, I've been super busy here.

    This recipe looks so good, yum.

    ReplyDelete