Thursday, August 2, 2012

Strawberry Pie...


Strawberry Pie
***
3 Tablespoons cornstarch
1 1/2 cups sugar
 (It is a SWEET dessert, you might want to reduce the sugar.)
1 1/2 cups water
3 oz box strawberry Jell-O
2 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
Pre-bake a 10" pie shell.
Line bottom with the sliced strawberries
****
Combine cornstarch, sugar and water in small saucepan.
Bring to a boil and simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened.
Add the Jell-O and stir until dissolved.
 Pour over the strawberries and refrigerate until set.
Serve with whipped cream

The last couple weeks we had two sets of friends moving. I had to say goodbye to a sweet girlfriend last week. it's never easy to say goodbye. (tear running down cheek.) Since I have been going through my stuff for our future move, I was able to bless her with some things for her home as well as some clothes. Our other friends are moving on the 6th. It will be quite sad to see them go. They have been some great friends to us as well as my daughters first babysitting job with Baby Bobby. She got to babysit twice this last week (for her last time with baby Bobby) (sigh) while I helped pack up their kitchen. they had sold a lot of stuff as well as their refrigerator...So the least I could do was make them a nice home cooked dinner. I made Gumbo Meatballs with Basmati brown rice, seasoned broccoli a salad w/ Feta and raspberry walnut vinaigrette. and rustic french bread...and for dessert this wonderful refreshing strawberry pie with vanilla ice cream. We had this wonderful pie at another families home a couple weeks ago...as I was told she had pinned it from Pinterest. I then hopped on Pinterest and found the recipe. It is so quick and easy and such a refreshing Summer dessert. I just had to share the recipe with y'all too. So here ya go friends. Your gonna love this one. Have a Happy Weekend ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment