Thursday, September 26, 2013

Autumn Flavors...Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies


Hello Autumn...
Now that Autumn is upon us we also enter the flu and cold season and cooler weather. This week, I have been quite under the weather with the flu and fever. I am still fighting the bug as I write...But wanted to pop in and share a little recipe for a nice little sweet treat to ring in the new season. My dear Freckles wanted to do a little baking, requesting her favorite cookie....This is a recipe we have had around for years. A favorite of my family indeed. A delectable, moist cookie with delightful flavor, reminiscent to the Autumn season.
I bet you can't eat just one of these yummy, muffin like cookies. She prepared the batter and got to baking. The treat was sure to lift my spirits with the wonderful flavors of pumpkin and chocolate. MMMMMM...It was perfect.
 
 

I leave you with the ingredients below. Note* mix all the wet ingredients with the sugar first...Then add the dry ingredients. Mix well...It gets thick, so a lot of the mixing will be by hand...and there is a ton of batter so be prepared to bake dozens. Drop by heaping tablespoons about an inch apart on a cookie sheet...They will bake like little muffin delights.
 In my oven, it only took 13 minutes...
so watch your time.
The cookies should be golden brown.

Enjoy dear friends.
And do take care as the weather changes.

3 comments:

  1. we make almost this identical recipe at Thanksgiving... ooh, so good! Feel better, Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you haven't been well...hope you are better very soon. The cookies look yummy...blessings sweet friend

    ReplyDelete